Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mommy Dearest


I love when my mom comes into my boutique. She always has a ball. She indulges in her favorite little sweets (“Oh, I shouldn’t” she says; and then I always see her sneak a bite… or two) while also satiating her style fix. 
But, I have to admit, my mom and I always go through a funny little routine every time she’s in.  At first she’s hesitant to shop for clothes because she thinks too many of the pieces are “too young” for her; but the beauty of my mom, is that her style is so classic that it all just works. She can pull any piece together with such grace and sophistication.

In fact, sometimes, I cringe as mommy dearest pulls and purchases some of my favorite pieces in the store (hey! I wanted those for myself!!) that I never would have thought she would like. But, in the end, it makes my heart sing that I know my mom and I have the same great taste… We just wear it differently. Plus, the best news is that I can borrow her(/my) new favorite pieces, knowing how we wear them, are still wardrobe worlds apart. 
And, here’s what Mama T went home with today. Peruse and take note as Mother’s Day is juuust around the corner. Get inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment